Thursday, February 27, 2014

Coming off of our Disney HIGH!

Well we are back from our Amazing 2014 Disney Vacation. This trip was truly the most memorable trip to Disney to date.  I was able to finish the Disney's Princess 5k and for me this is a HUGE accomplishment since I am a Cancer survivor myself and use a cart if I have to walk for long distances. My daughters ran in the 10k and the weather was over cast but I always say a rainy day in Disney is always better than a regular day at home!
For those of you who are runners if you have ever considered running in one of the Disney Marathon's, I truly recommend it. The entire weekend went off without a hitch. The first event which was the Runners expo was extremely crowed with over 50,000 runners coming and going over the three day event.  Beginning with receiving our running bibs, T-shirts, and gift bags the process was long at times but very easy.
My daughters and I stayed on property at the Port Orleans Riverside, Disney provided transportation to the Expo and each race. The races start very early, however the buses were on time for the 5:30 and the 6:15 races we were in our corrals in plenty of time to enjoy the pre-race music, party before the races.


Walking/Running through Epcot Theme Park as the sun was coming up is an experience that will stay with my daughters and myself for years to come. We are looking into another RunDisney Marathon Weekend for the near future. Disney offers Marathon Weekends throughout the year. The Princess 1/2 Marathon Weekend was more than just a weekend of fun and bliss in the parks and running through Epcot before the parks open, my daughters and I raised over $6,200 for St. Jude in memory of Darby Jones. This only added to the meaning of our weekend. Darby was 13 years old when she lost her fight to Leukemia on October 28, 2013. RunDisney and St. Jude gave us a way to Honor the memory of an amazing young girl who never once lost the joy of Life.


No comments:

Post a Comment