Sunday, February 9, 2014

Disney's Magic of Animation~ Draw your own Disney Character Free

Disney's Animation Academy
Located in Disney's Magic of Animation 


Let me just say this up front because it is the best part.... There is NO CHARGE for this. 
This could possibly be one of the most over looked attractions in WDW.  Many guests do not even know this unique opportunity exists. I traveled to WDW many times before I knew about it and even on our last visit we missed it due to time restraints. My parents however have done this on several visits and each time have loved every experience.  


The Animation Academy is located inside the Disney Magic of Animation Attraction at the Hollywood Studio's Park.  Once guest have watched the short movie continue on  past  the Character Meet area.  There guest will find the Animation Academy,  classes usually start  around 10:30 every day and run every 3 0 minutes.  The Academy gives guest an opportunity to see what it's like to be a Disney Animator. 




The Character drawings are always changing, and there will be several different ones throughout the day.  Guests of ALL ages are able to participate in the Animation Academy, the classes start around 10:30 every day and run every 30 minutes. 

For those of you who have never drawn one stroke before do not let that keep you from this experience. Coming from someone who doesn't have a drop of artistic skill in my body. This will be an experience I am looking forward to and dreading on this upcoming trip due to the fact I have two extremely talented artist in my family my mother and one of my daughters. Seems the artistic talent skipped a generation. 


One final note about the Animation Academy it can be crowded at times,  when it is peak season.  Do not be intimidated and my mother and father were given boards and they sat long the wall to draw, they said it was still a wonderful experience. I will give more details on this when I return one I have more details and I will pass them all along to you. If you are going down in the next week or two like I am happy drawing.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment